Wednesday 31 January 2018

Ancillary Drafting Process for my Digipak

This is the temple that I picked for my digipak. I thought that having six panels would allow for more images to give the audience more to see and work with. This lets the audience see more of the artist and what's being marketed to them. There will be two panels either side of the CD frame. This will allow them to see the visuals that I choose when they unfold the digipak giving more depth and acknowledgment to the artist, music and video.



For my first draft of my digipak, I used lots of vibrant images and screen caps from my music video. I thought that the use of the couple from the music video would help tie in the whole theme and bring recognised identity to the campaign. However, after editing the images and putting them in place on the digipak, it came to my attention that I had to market my campaign as the artist not just the music video.
I then went back to the drawing board and sketched up a new design for my digipak that would accommodate my needs. Below you can see a rough sketch that I mocked up so that I could work from reference for changing my digipak.
I thought that I'd incorporate subtle elements of my music video by using the drawing of the hats that I'd already produced for my magazine ad to keep the synergy of the campaign. I decided that I would use images of David as the artist alone to promote his look and music aside from another person.

I then began to edit the images I would need for my next draft of my digipak. After some manipulation I had produced the next draft and was quite pleased with this. This is shown the left and I feel works well with each of it's elements and colours.
Below is an initial experiment. In which I tried to play around with the placement of images. However I thought that this was inconsistent and looked off. I also asked my peers what they thought of this experiment compared to the second draft. All of those who I asked said that they preferred the second draft to the experiment because they thought the colours and placement looked inconsistent and that the EP title wasn't as easy to read against the image of David with the guitar. I agreed and decided to switch back to the second draft. When switching back to the second draft I realised that I'd put the title of the EP to Hiding Tonight when it should in fact be Submarine. I had changed the title for my experiment and this was where I realised my mistake.
This is the final draft of my digipak. I think that it encompasses everything I wished it to and it strikes a balance well between colour and black and white and is appealing to my target audience and looks professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment