Friday 26 January 2018

Inspirations and Directors

My main inspirations at the minute lie with Richard Ayoade. He directed the Crying Lightning music video for Arctic Monkeys as he's a close friend of frontman, Alex Turner. The Crying Lightning music video features some abstract imagery with lots of interesting editing features with effective use of green-screen. I'm not hoping to use anything like this in my music video, however I like the creative aspect and how he has thought outside the box for this idea. Richard Ayoade also directed one of my favourite films, Submarine, which features some breathtaking Welsh scenery and quirky editing and sound. I hope to replicate some of the visuals in my music video. I'm thinking of picking a song off of the Submarine soundtrack to make a music video for. The soundtrack was written and performed by Alex Turner too. This means that two of my biggest influences will be combined into my music video.
Submarine is based of the book written by Joe Dunthorne. From this gifs around, you can see Ayoade's playful sequences and shots that are clearly inspiring.









Another inspiration for me has been Joe Elliott, he directed the magnificent two-part music video for Amber Run. I've analysed Pilot which was the second video in the sequel. The story is remarkably moving and there are many gorgeously framed shots that narrate a story with only a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment