Monday 29 January 2018

Planning Ideas

At the minute, I'm looking at 4 songs that I'd like to use.
Meeting Place - The Last Shadow Puppets
My Boy - Billie Eilish
Bloodflood - Alt J
Hiding Tonight - Alex Turner

None of these songs have a music video so there wouldn't be much of an issue with any of them.
At the minute I'm definitely leaning toward Hiding Tonight because i've already had lots of ideas for what I could do for it.
Having inspiration from the film Submarine, dir. Richard Ayoade, I would like to create a love story that follows a couple through adventures and their romance. I would like it to be filmed completely outdoors because artificial light does not bode with the camera and doesn't make for very pretty and natural shots. I hope to enhance the colours to make them look bright and bold.
This would be the ideal way to move forward at the minute.
In Submarine, there is a scene that uses the same song - Hiding Tonight - to a montage of a young couple doing a similar sort of thing. I would like to put my own spin on Oliver and Jordana's romance and create something beautifully crafted.
If I were to conduct this idea and orchestrate it into a music video, I would use local outdoor areas in Nottingham, for example, Highfields, The University of Nottingham's campus and places in Toton's Sidings. I think these are all easy-to-get-to places that provide the kind of natural beauty that i'm hoping to capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment